This is a blog challenge. Please blog and Tweet about your results of this challenge. I was inspired to create this challenge after my husband introduced me to Tagxedo. It is a website where you can make word clouds from your Tweeter I.D., URL, News, Search, or RSS Look-up in about 5 minutes or less. It scans the most frequent words used and turns these words into a word cloud. Most of you have already seen word clouds before and probably have created one. If you haven’t made one, try Tagxedo out. The words you get on your word cloud, as the most frequent words, is interesting. The words that are used the most on your Tweets or blog, are larger on your word cloud.
I created two word clouds using Tagxedo to see what it would generate as the most frequent words from my Twitter I.D. @adaptivelearnin and from my blog here. The outcome is fascinating. As soon as I read my results I was inspired to do this blog challenge. My word clouds interestingly tell my story, who I am and what my passions are. Many of the larger words are things I love. My word cloud communicates encouragement, inspiring, possibility, belief, and speaks positively which are all essence of who I am. I’m amazed at how well it speaks my personality, what I believe in and stand for. What will your word cloud say?
Here is my blog challenge for you.
- Create a word cloud from your Twitter I.D., blog or website using Tagxedo.
- Review the words it generates.
- Describe how the word cloud tells your story, who you are, illustrates your personality, portrays what you are passionate about, shows your beliefs, etc.
- Blog about your word cloud story and share your findings with your readers, Tweet about your findings, and please share your findings with me. I’d love to hear what you think your word cloud says about you, so please do share back with me. You’ll be enlightened and amazed at what you see and how your word cloud communicates who you are.
Here are my word clouds: What do you believe my word clouds say about me? Please comment on what you think they communicate about me. I’d love to hear your thoughts and have a fun discussion.
Twitter I.D. @adaptivelearnin
- Tagxedo: it’s like Wordle on steroids (allisterfrost.com)
My husband does Emergency Management and Disaster Response for a living. Here’s his word cloud. I’m including this because I want to show how different his is from mine according to his profession, and because he is the one that inspired me to come up with this blog challenge idea. It’s interesting how our results reflect our careers. Here’s his disastermapping blog link and here is his Twitter I.D. @emgis.
- Wikis, Tagxedo and Science – A Forest of Words! (trailsoptional.com)